Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Wet Christmas

Alone but not lonely. That's my motto every Christmas. Since I started working, I've spent Christmas all by myself. I could always go home and spend it with my sister and niece, but I like the joy and solitude of being alone every Christmas.

This year, however, I spent Christmas day at the Missionaries of St. Therese (my aunt is one of the sisters) after attending mass at St. Clement's. At around 4 PM, I decided to go home. I was waiting for the jeepney when it started raining really hard. I stood there for quite sometime getting wetter and wetter but still hoping that a taxi or a jeepney would stop by. They never did even if they didn't have passengers. The drivers probably didn't like the idea of taking in a very wet passenger. Since the convent was quite far from the highway I decided to take shelter in a hut by the roadside. The family took me in, but it's a good thing my aunt fetched me and brought me back to the convent.

Too wet to wear


The package of the gift I received got ripped because it got soaked by the rain


Too risky for me to go out and brave the rain


What happened next is that I stayed for two more hours before I went home. So, Christmas lunch and dinner were spent with the sisters. Rain is synonymous to blessings. With the company of the sisters and the soaked to the bone experience, need I say I more that it was a truly blessed Christmas?

Nomnom

Merry Christmas, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment