Monday, December 3, 2012

In the Lounge


Today, while I was tinkering on my computer, you sat across me. You did small talk. I replied just like the way I always do; subtly and tonelessly.

You yawned. Obviously, you’re bored with me. You folded your arms and laid your head on it. Did you notice that I was watching you behind my glasses?

You closed your eyes and took a nap. I was conscious of you sleeping across me. I wanted to take off your eyeglasses and kiss those eyes. I wanted to caress your forehead and run my fingers through your hair. I wanted to fold my arms, too and sleep across you. Were you dreaming of someone? I wish I could be part of your dreams.

You opened your eyes and that broke the spell. I pretended to work on my computer. You gathered your things and politely asked to be excused (you’ll always be such a perfect gentleman for me). You went your way. I was left in that room.

            I and my computer. Now, I write this down for you.

            I’m not a boring girl, you see.

I’m just somebody who’s secretly loving you from a distance. 


5 comments: