Monday, April 4, 2011

Dip-loo-mah


"Mendoza, wala kaman kagraduate?!"


The registrar exclaimed. My heart skipped a beat. I told her I graduated April 2009 but I just wasn't able to attend the graduation. I relaxed when she said, "Ah, ari na a."


I traveled all the way from the city to UP Miag-ao just to get my diploma and if you were in my shoes you'd be very nervous when you're told wala kaman kagraduate.


The truth is, I can barely remember the things I've studied in my Master's. I wasn't a bright student and I never really gave much thought on my reports and other requirements. In short, I was lazy. To top it all, I didn't have a strong education background and when I started graduate studies I didn't have a teaching experience, thus, I could never really relate to my classmates' discussion of lesson planning and classroom management.

I started in year 2005 and in my drive to do better in my studies I left my online tutorial job and taught in Iloilo Scholastic Academy for two years.

Now I'm teaching in a different school and thank God I was able to pass that dreaded comprehensive exam. I didn't attend the graduation, though. I was just a part-time lecturer, then, and misery of miseries my salary was always delayed. I didn't have money to buy a dress nor a sablay. Yep, I was that poor and naive (borrowing from someone never occured to me). So I opted to go to Semirara, Antique as a remedial class teacher instead (where I didn't have to pay for anything).

To make this short story shorter, I got my diploma today.


This may seem overrated but I just can't help saying, "Yehey, kagraduate gd man koya noh!"

2 comments:

  1. tani nagborrow ka sa akon sablay! bueng hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miagao, My homeland =)

    great to see pictures of UP =) located just walking distance from our house =)

    ReplyDelete