Friday, January 26, 2018

She's Here!

You warm my heart, You bless my soul.

My point of reference was my first pregnancy. Because my labor was long and arduous during my first pregnancy, I thought the second time will be the same. It turns out that every pregnancy, labor and delivery will always be unique. My second delivery caught me by surprise. Where my first I had to endure 16 hours of labor and contractions which built to a steady rhythm that gradually intensified, this time it was only 8 hours of labor with powerful contractions that made me scream like a madwoman. What was written in the baby book came true for me -- the second pregnancy will not be easier nor less painful but it will be shorter.

Everything happened so fast. Before I could be dressed and prepared at the delivery table, Baby Bambam just popped. I didn't even need to push (Baby Bambam did all the pushing). When she was handed to me, my first words to no one in particular was, "That was so fast!"

She's fast indeedy. Born at only 37 weeks (Thirdy was born at exactly my due date of 40 weeks!), she latched right away and we were immediately sent back to our room 3 hours after delivery.

I am thankful for the love and prayers of my loved ones. Cheers to you, my darling daughter!





No comments:

Post a Comment