Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tomorrow is Another Day

I'm prolonging my agony by not touching my assignment for Dr. Dequilla. I'm supposed to write 10 test items in Journalism and Creative Writing as part of the university's assessment program for college students. But I don't want to touch it now. Or ever. Why do I have to be a part of that assessment team anyway? I don't want to sound like a whiney teenager but I wish somebody consulted me before making me a part of that group.

Then, there's that declamation piece my sister's asking me to write for her 6-year old pupil. I'd like to write one for her but I'd rather surf the net or read my grad school notes than crack my head thinking of a good plot suitable for kindergarteners.

Oh, and I've got loads of paper to check this week. Anyway, it's just one week more before Christmas break. On the 17th, we'll have that long overdue field trip/Christmas Party with my advisory in Bantayan Beach Resort. On the 20th, we'll continue our Christmas Party in school. I asked for an aquarium and goldfish from my SP! I've long since wanted to take care of a goldfish but I'm actually worried that I have to leave my goldfish in my room for two weeks when I leave for HK (finally bought my ticket yesterday). Then, I realized that I can leave my goldfish with the landlord since he has an aquarium himself. Yehey! I'm just crossing my fingers that my SP will really give me an aquarium on our exchange gift. I also hope it won't be too much to ask if he/she will include a goldfish with it. Throw in some pebbles and fishfood and I'll be the happiest English teacher alive.

I will miss the Teachers' Day again tomorrow. I also missed it last year because I attended a language seminar. Tomorrow I have to accompany my Blue Quill staffers for the RSPC so even if I would very much like to join the Teachers' Day celebration I won't be able to (sorry, Amethyst. I love you all!). But the year before that (my first year of teaching in WVSU) I'm glad I was a part of the ILS Teachers' Day celebration. In fact, I'm posting these pictures to show off how much I enjoyed the celeb (and to show off my new printer's scanning prowess) and yes, to remember Sir Donnie and Sir Endran.

(L-R) Sir Endran, Vanidoza, Maám Zoo, Maám Mae, and Sir Donnie

ILS Teachers' Day 2008

I wasn't around on Teachers' Day 2009 but my students gave me these! Gracias!

I'd also like to post this picture of my advisory class in ISA (SY 06-07 and 07-08). I used to teach elementary there. These students are now in 2nd year High School. I'm with the Chinese adviser here and we just got back from our camping when this pic was taken so see how dark my face was.
Align Center

Miss these kids!

HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY to all the teachers of WVSU ILS! We rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment