Monday, December 13, 2010

Pointdisaments


Disappointments.

I’ve had my fair share of them. I’m mostly disappointed when people don’t meet my expectations and when things don’t come my way. When that happens, I fret. And when I do, I sulk, get cranky and refuse to talk to other people. I become a nasty person when I’m disappointed.

They say when it rains, it pours. When blessings come, they usually fall down softly on your roof. When disappointments come, they pound on your door demanding to be taken in pronto. I wonder why disappointments all come together at once. It seems that these gray forces of nature all connive together to make fun of you. I can feel them laughing at me now.

Today, I told somebody that I was disappointed in her. Nope, not right on her face. I, being a non-confrontational person wrote it on a piece of paper instead. I guess I was expecting too much from a person who’s considered a leader. I expected her to be efficient, responsible, and competent. You’ve guessed by now that she’s none of the above.

I was also told this morning that I can’t take the trip with my staffer in Butuan City, Mindanao for a national writing competition. They said I’m not yet a permanent employee and only those who are can get a travelling allowance from the university. *sigh*

Lastly, it’s disappointing to know that the parents of your students would rather go to somebody else than to you directly if they have complaints (I guess they’re also non-confrontational like me). I hope that JS Prom hullabaloo will be settled before the year ends.

All in the same day. I can feel their weight on my shoulders. Their laughter’s replaced by sneers.

I’m going to bed and hope that tomorrow they’ll leave and won’t bother to come back.

1 comment: