Saturday, October 27, 2012

29 Great Things I Did on My 29th


29. Spent a half day of my birthday in Cambodia and the other half in Vietnam

28. Wore my pretty yellow dress

27. Made friends with a pretty 21-year-old Vietnamese girl who is married to a 67-year-old Singaporean

26. Bought a Cambodian newspaper.

25. Went down the bus to have a good view of the Mekong river

24. Took random pictures with/of the locals
 

23. Ate bread for lunch

22. Slept open mouthed in the bus
21. Accepted a birthday gift of staying in a hotel (for free) with strangers I met at the airport

20. Wasted taxi money just looking for the address of Saigon Toastmasters

19. Went to KMS Toastmasters instead (I got the right address on this one)

18. Came in very late for a Toastmasters meeting

17. Gave a Table Topic speech on my favorite fairy tale (I appreciate the hearty applause)

16. Made friends with the KMS Toastmasters members

15. Attended a church service in Vietnamese
14. Allowed myself to cry during the mass
13. Sang the Vietnamese church songs
12. Took pictures of the one of a kind pieta and cried some more

11. Prayed the rosary in Notre Dame Cathedral

10. Made my 29 year-old resolutions

9. Walked my way back to the hotel
8. Asked random people the way to the hotel

7. Took pictures of signboards with the word 'Van' on it.

6. Ate a soupless pho for dinner

5. Walked, walked, and walked some more

4. Allowed myself to get lost

3. Didn't buy anything as a birthday gift for myself

2. Replied to my FB birthday greetings
1. Wrote this post even if tired and sleepy

Lord, it feels good to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment