Tuesday, November 9, 2010

back to back

I’m finally back in the classroom as a real teacher. I’m the one handling the classes these days. I’m the one doing the checking and preparation of lessons. It’s like being back in my old private school where I used to toil as a slave teacher day in day out. The only difference is that my boss now is kind and lenient enough to understand my shortcomings as a teacher.

I won’t be enrolling for graduate school subjects as I want to focus on being a classroom teacher this semester.

I can’t wait for December. I’m going to Hong Kong for a two-week vacation with my mother and aunt. I’ll also seize the opportunity to give a talk to these OFW mothers. I don’t know what topic to give yet but I’m sure it’s going to be on the psychological aspect. And a bit of communication, perhaps. How to communicate with your children is a good title. I have enough time to think and prepare as I’ll move my flight to the 24th instead of the 21st. I just hope my reservation’s still standing. I’m saving like mad these days. I even bought a piggy bank just so I can save for the trip.

I just regret that I wasn’t able to make online reservations a few months back. They’re way, way cheaper. I’d like to get a credit card so I can make reservations online and travel anytime I want. I’d like to go to Singapore and make a research about the Filipina domestic helpers there. I’d also like to try Taiwan, Japan, and China. It’ll be a good start for me as I my interest in research was kindled because of that National Seminar on Teaching Innovatives.

I hope soon I’ll be promoted as Instructor II. Making researches and doing extension work will help me reach this goal.

I realize that being in a university does not make you limit your work to instruction alone. You have to accomplish a lot. I have to do work in Research, Extension, and Production, otherwise I’ll just fade away as another lousy teacher. Sometimes I wonder whether I really have to do these “works” because really the only reason why I’m there is because I want to teach. That’s my job first and foremost. I’m purely for Instruction. Hey, but no choice so here we go…

No comments:

Post a Comment