Monday, September 28, 2015

The Wedding

Before the month of September ends, I might as well post about our literary-themed wedding last year which fell on September 20. I haven't personally thanked and acknowledged each one of our suppliers and vendors after the wedding because we flew to Palawan for our honeymoon right away, so here they are!

Invitations by V&P Digital Worx Co.
Ugh! Still have to look for a photo of our invite.

Rings
My husband got the rings from Singapore. What's nice about them is that it's got our names engraved inside. I have my husband's name in my ring and my name in his - in our handwriting, It has also the date of our wedding day. Trivia: we both have the same ring size!


Souvenir
Our souvenir's a notebook with a note on the front cover that reads:

The back cover is a bit of our history as a couple. It goes:



Gown by Grace Clavel
A woman gets married once in her lifetime so she should get the best couturier in town for her wedding gown. Grace Clavel is downright professional and she exceeded our expectations. She made my gown and my husband's barong, as well as the mothers' gowns.
I love the intricacy of my lacy back.


Hair & Make-Up by Zymba
It's actually not Zymba who styled me, but one of his assistants. I looked fine during my wedding, but my husband thinks the quality of the make-up and spraynet that he used was poor. He sneezed the entire time we were together during our wedding night.




Flowers by Eric Sua-an
The fusion of white, green, and orange created such a lovely and cheerful atmosphere. I love it!


Cake by Sue's Cakes
It's a literary-themed wedding, thus the writings on the cake. I just copied it from the Internet, and the cake maker did a good job of imitating it. The orange roses on top looked pretty. This chocolate cake tasted great, too. 

Here's the text:

Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine;
Or leave a kiss but in the cup,
And I'll not look for wine.

The thirst that from the soul doth rise
Doth ask a drink divine;
Lest might I of Jove's nectar sup,
I would not change for thine. 

What thou art is mine,
Our state cannot be severed, we are one, 
One flesh; to lose thee were to lose my self. 



 Church
St. Clement's Parish Church in La Paz, Iloilo City is very significant for us as a couple because it's where we first attended mass together. It's also where I serve as a lector.



Decor by Eric Sua-an
Because the wedding is literary-themed, Eric used books as table tops. I don't have pictures to show but I think these will suffice...

I love everything about my wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment