Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Cats in Singapore

Bovine, porcine, equine, canine, feline -- these are just some of my favorite adjectives. Apart from the fact that they sound musical (you have to pronounce the second syllable -ine as /ayn/ like in number nine), I usually use the first four words to secretly mock someone. For example, when I'm tired of listening to someone who is fat, I would telepathically send him/her the message, "Your voice and your porcine looks are so darn irritating!"

Bovine is an adjective that means anything that resembles cows; porcine refers to pigs; equine refers to horses; canine refers to dogs; and feline refers to cats.

However, I don't think feline can be used to insult or mock someone. In fact, in case someone tells me that I have feline features, I'll take that as a compliment. Feline is such a sexy word because I think cats are the sexiest in the animal kingdom. It's no wonder that there's even a vaginal lubricant called Felina!

But cats in Singapore are anything but sexy. Here's the proof:







I don't want to say that fat is not sexy, but felines have to live up to their names at least. You can't be Catwoman if you don't have the bod of Halle Berry. Coming from a country where rats are bigger than cats, I was at first amused to see these "pusang kalye" under HDBs. They're not personally owned by anyone, but flat owners feed them. Cats here are so fat and lazy because they don't need to catch mice, climb trees, or scavenge for food. They're spoiled and loved to bits. Their SPCA (Society for the Prevention and Cruelty to Animals) is one active organization.

Well, Singapura won't be called the Lion City if it won't take care of its feline citizens. 

As for the canines here, I think they deserve one separate blog post.









No comments:

Post a Comment