Saturday, May 23, 2015

Mommy Plans


My baby boy is now on his 30th week in my tummy. 10 more weeks and I will get to hold him in my arms. I now have a few things in my mind before he makes his debut.

1) LEAVE

I intend to still teach this coming June to July. Then, August to September I will take my maternity leave. My due date is on August 3, 2015. He will turn exactly 40 weeks on that day. But we can never tell if he will arrive exactly on the due date. It is possible that I will go into labor 2 weeks before or after my expected date.

From October to March I'll take a leave without pay from the school as I intend to be a full-time mom for 6 months. That also means 6 months without salary! But it is OK - anything for the little guy.

2) BREASTFEED

I also plan to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months - that means Thirdy and I will be together around the clock. I have done my research about exclusive breastfeeding and I will also be joining a support group of breastfeeding moms (check the Breastfeeding Ilonggas group in FB). I am committed to this plan, and I do hope I will not falter or get discouraged along the way.


3) SAYA CARRY

I have first seen this saya carrier from a young mother in school. Instead of the usual expensive backpack style carrier, she was wearing a colorful cloth where her baby was sitting comfortably (she was straddling her mother's side). It is no different from what the atis are using, and I told myself that once I have a baby, I will use that one too. Again, I did my research and I found SaYa baby carrier. I have read glowing recommendations from other moms, so I asked hubby to buy me one, too (they only sell online).



There are several ways that you can wear it and it comes in different sizes, too. An acquaintance told me she used it for the first 2 months only because her son got bigger that she felt the cloth was suffocating him. So she switched to another brand. The one I will buy though is from their new line. It is made up of nylon and spandex, so it is a little expensive. 


So there goes the baby debut plan. I am glad I have met moms along the way who have been into this. I do hope everything goes smoothly especially the breastfeeding plan. I have heard that sometimes no matter how well-planned and ideal your desires are for your child, you will encounter events where your decisions will be compromised. The same is true for the birth plan. But let me talk about the birth plan later. That one deserves a lot of research, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment